Toolbox to empower the #occupy activist
It's time to occupy corporate America. Rein in the corporate system. Undo the corpocracy. Restore real democracy.
We are the people. We're the 99%. It's our country, not theirs.
Fight the Corpocracy, Take Back Democracy
is a strategy guide and toolkit, a Swiss Army knife for the 99% activist. Here's what it provides:
• Demonstration that, while corporations were historically created to serve the public interest, today's extravagant abuses stem from a deep perversion of that original purpose
• A new social contract, The Corporate Covenant, to return corporations to their original public purpose
• The Sunshine Standards for Corporate Reporting to Stakeholders, the disclosure we need and demand from corporations
• A model local ordinance and model campus resolution requiring corporate compliance with The Sunshine Standards
• The proposed Constitutional amendment that says corporations are not persons under the U.S. Constitution
• Op-eds that can be modified and used locally; just add your name (I wrote 'em, I can give them away)
• The Primer on Corporations so they can't snow you with jargon and doubletalk
From Ralph Nader's Foreword:
This book is for anybody who is tired of being a nobody when it comes to helping reassert the sovereignty of the people over the current sovereignty of giant corporations.
A million-dollar value for 99 cents! (That's for the 99% - for the 1% it's $10,000, and be sure to send an audited Dun & Bradstreet report.)
Order from any of the following sites, just $0.99 in each case - as close to free as I could make it:
Barnes and Noble, for Nook
Amazon, for Kindle
iTunes, for iPhone, iPad, iPod
Kobobooks (ePub format)
Retailers may also order from Baker & Taylor